Klonopin is a potent and habit-forming benzodiazepine, one most commonly used for the treatment of anxiety disorders like generalized anxiety disorder and persistent panic attacks. Klonopin is more addictive than many other prescription medications, and if an individual takes it other than as prescribed for even a few weeks he or she is liable to develop a physical and psychological dependency. Klonopin works by blocking certain neurotransmitters in the brain to induce relaxation and reduce anxiety. After continuous use, the brain will no longer be able to reduce anxiety on its own, and more prescription medication will be required for the same results to be produced. Those who develop a dependency on this medication will typically require professional intervention to successfully quit long-term.
Signs and Symptoms of Klonopin Addiction
There are many signs and symptoms of Klonopin addiction, including persistent cravings, continued use despite serious interpersonal consequences, attempting to quit but being unable to do so for an extended period, losing interest and motivation in activities and personal obligations, and suffering from legal or financial issues as a direct result of Klonopin abuse. Like with other Benzodiazepines, Klonopin withdrawal can be extremely dangerous if not treated in a medical detox facility. At Evoke Wellness Miramar, we treat men and women of all ages and walks of life who have been suffering at the hands of Klonopin abuse for any length of time.
Length of Klonopin Withdrawal
Klonopin withdrawal symptoms are very similar to the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal – which can be life-threatening if not adequately treated in a medical detox facility. At Evoke Wellness Miramar, we utilize a combination of proven detox methods and therapeutic techniques to provide an integrated program of clinical care quite unlike any other. We understand just how severe the symptoms of Klonopin withdrawal can be, and our main priority is ensuring client comfort around the clock. Some of the more common symptoms of Klonopin withdrawal include:
- Sleep-related issues, constant waking, insomnia, and severe, persistent nightmares
- Anxiety, panic attacks, and ongoing hyperventilation
- Loss of appetite, which can lead to moderate weight loss
- Muscle aches, pains, and spasms
- Body tremors/uncontrollable shaking
- Profuse sweating/night sweats
- Dizziness, confusion, and unsteadiness/an inability to a standstill
- A lack of basic motor skills
- An inability to see clearly/blurred vision and watery eyes
- Extreme sensitivity to light and sound
- Depression, often coupled with suicidal ideation
- Feelings of disillusionment and dissociation
- Changes in perception
- Grand mal seizures
The length of time that these withdrawal factors last will depend on numerous factors that include:
- The severity of abuse. The symptoms of withdrawal will be significantly more severe if Klonopin was taken for several months or longer and if the medication was being taken in high doses.
- The presence of pre-existing health issues or mental illnesses. For example, if an individual was previously suffering from depression, then undergoing Klonopin withdrawal could result in more severe suicidal ideation.
- The quality of clinical care you are receiving from the medical detox you choose to attend. At Evoke Wellness, FL, we prioritize making the symptoms of Klonopin withdrawal as short-lived as possible.
Evoke Wellness at Miramar and Klonopin Addiction Treatment
At Evoke Wellness Miramar, we provide our clients with a comprehensive continuum of clinical care, utilize detox methods that have been repeatedly proven to reduce the serenity of Klonopin withdrawal. In most cases, tapering is the most effective method. Our medically trained addiction specialists in South Florida will slowly taper the individual off of the medication, checking in daily to make sure that withdrawal symptoms are under control and that the client is safe and comfortable. To learn more about our program of addiction treatment please give us a call today.