Klonopin is a potent and habit-forming benzodiazepine, most commonly used for treating anxiety disorders like generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) and persistent panic attacks. Klonopin is more addictive than many other prescription medications. If an individual takes it other than as prescribed for even a few weeks, they are liable to develop a physical and psychological dependency. Klonopin blocks certain neurotransmitters in the brain to induce relaxation and reduce anxiety. After continuous use, the brain will no longer be able to reduce anxiety on its own, and more prescription medication will be required for the same results to be produced.
Those who develop a dependency on this medication will typically require professional intervention to quit successfully. Call 866.931.9312 to speak with a specialist at Evoke Wellness at Miramar about the Klonopin detox process at our drug detox center and our addiction treatment programs.
Signs and Symptoms of Klonopin Addiction
There are many signs and symptoms of Klonopin addiction, including:
- Attempting to quit but being unable to do so for an extended period
- Continued use despite serious interpersonal consequences
- Losing interest and motivation in activities and personal obligations
- Persistent cravings
- Suffering from legal or financial issues as a direct result of Klonopin abuse
As with other benzodiazepines, Klonopin withdrawal can be extremely dangerous if not done in a medical detox facility. At Evoke Wellness at Miramar, we treat men and women of all ages and walks of life who have been struggling with Klonopin abuse.
Length of Klonopin Detox and Withdrawal
Klonopin withdrawal symptoms are very similar to the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal, which can be life-threatening if not adequately treated in a medical detox facility.
Klonopin Withdrawal Symptoms
Our specialists understand just how severe the symptoms of Klonopin withdrawal can be, and our main priority is ensuring client comfort around the clock. Some of the more common signs of Klonopin withdrawal include:
- Sleep-related issues, constant waking, insomnia, and severe, persistent nightmares
- Anxiety, panic attacks, and ongoing hyperventilation
- Loss of appetite, which can lead to moderate weight loss
- Muscle aches, pains, and spasms
- Body tremors or uncontrollable shaking
- Profuse night sweats
- Dizziness, confusion, and unsteadiness
- A lack of basic motor skills
- Blurred vision and watery eyes
- Extreme sensitivity to light and sound
- Depression, often coupled with suicidal ideation
- Feelings of disillusionment and dissociation
- Changes in perception
However, one of the most life-threatening symptoms is grand mal seizures. For this reason, an individual should never quit Klonopin cold turkey, and Evoke Wellness at Miramar recommends a medically monitored Klonopin detox program to ensure patient safety.
The length of time that these withdrawal factors last depend on numerous factors that include:
- The severity of abuse – The withdrawal symptoms will be significantly more severe if you take Klonopin for several months or longer and take the medication in high doses.
- The presence of pre-existing physical or mental health issues – For example, if an individual was previously suffering from depression, then undergoing Klonopin withdrawal could result in more severe suicidal ideation.
- The quality of clinical care you are receiving from the medical detox you choose to attend – At Evoke Wellness at Miramar, we prioritize making the symptoms of Klonopin withdrawal as short-lived as possible.
At Evoke Wellness at Miramar, we utilize a combination of proven detox methods and therapeutic techniques to provide an integrated program of clinical care quite unlike any other.
Find Klonopin Detox and Addiction Treatment at Evoke Wellness at Miramar
Evoke Wellness at Miramar provides patients with a comprehensive continuum of clinical care. Our specialists utilize detox methods repeatedly proven to reduce the severity of Klonopin withdrawal. In most cases, tapering is the most effective method, so our medically trained addiction specialists in South Florida will slowly taper the individual off the medication, checking in daily to ensure that withdrawal symptoms are under control and that the client is safe and comfortable. To learn more about our Klonopin detox and addiction treatment programs, contact Evoke Wellness at Miramar today at 866.931.9312.