Are you looking for addiction treatment in South Florida? Perhaps you’ve heard of Vivitrol treatment. Vivitrol is an injectable medication used to help with alcohol or opioid addiction. At a Vivitrol treatment clinic, doctors and medical professionals run a medication-assisted treatment program (MAT program) with Vivitrol doses in combination with counseling and other therapies to provide comprehensive care for people suffering from some types of addiction. Call 866.931.9312 to speak with someone from our Vivitrol treatment clinic in Florida and learn more about Vivitrol MAT programs.
What Is MAT in Addiction Treatment?
MAT is a form of evidence-based treatment that combines prescription medication with behavioral treatments like counseling and psychotherapy. Several medications are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for addiction treatment, Vivitrol being one of these. Other FDA-approved medications include methadone and buprenorphine. However, Vivitrol is the only medication specifically approved for opioid addiction and alcohol dependence.
Vivitrol is an injection administered once a month at a Vivitrol treatment clinic and works to reduce cravings and other symptoms associated with addiction. The goals of our Vivitrol treatment program in Florida are the following:
- Reduce cravings
- Reduce the risk of relapse
- Teach patients the skills needed to stay clean and sober
This approach helps individuals recover from substance abuse by addressing addiction’s physical and psychological aspects. MAT for addiction treatment can be life-saving and is often an essential part of rehab.
What Is Vivitrol?
Vivitrol—also known as naltrexone—is an extended-release injection formulation approved by the FDA for treating alcohol use disorder or opioid abuse disorder. It blocks specific brain receptors linked to drug cravings, reducing or eliminating cravings for alcoholic beverages or opioids like heroin or prescription painkillers. These effects typically last up to one month after each injection.
At a Vivitrol MAT clinic, patients receive an injection once every 28 days—usually administered by a nurse—alongside individual therapy sessions with counselors and other mental health professionals specializing in addiction recovery. The main idea behind this approach is that these medications will help reduce cravings while providing patients with access to ongoing counseling to work on their mental and physical health issues related to substance abuse disorders—such as depression or anxiety.
What to Expect from a Vivitrol MAT Clinic
Alongside regularly scheduled injections of Vivitrol, several other approaches effectively treat substance abuse disorder, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), which teaches patients how to recognize negative thoughts and behaviors associated with substance abuse so they can replace them with positive ones instead
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), which focuses on teaching skills necessary for emotion regulation
- Motivational Interviewing (MI), which helps people identify their goals related to recovery and find ways to achieve them
- Nutrition education, which helps patients understand how nutrition plays an essential role in overall health during recovery
- Support groups, which allow patients to connect with others who have gone through similar experiences, so they don’t feel alone during their journey towards sobriety
- 12-step programs, which provide support systems where patients can learn more about relapse prevention strategies
Rehab specialists should incorporate all these addiction treatment approaches into any successful Vivitrol treatment program for it to be effective over time.
Find a Vivitrol Treatment Clinic in Florida at Evoke Wellness
Vivitrol clinics offer comprehensive care when it comes to treating substance abuse disorders such as alcohol use disorder or opioid abuse disorder. By combining regular injections of Vivitrol alongside individual therapy sessions and other evidence-based approaches, our Vivitrol treatment clinic in Florida can offer effective long-term solutions for those struggling with addiction. Contact Evoke Wellness at Miramar today at 866.931.9312 to learn more about our Vivitrol treatment program in Florida.