Recovery from drug addiction and chemical dependency can be a long and challenging road for anyone suffering from addiction. The first step is probably the most important, realizing and admitting that you have a problem and need help. The second step would probably be detoxification, followed by a rehabilitation program. There are several different options for addiction treatment. Multiple rehabilitation centers nationwide, most of which focus on the traditional 12-step program.
If you or someone you love requires addiction treatment programs, contact us at 866.931.9312 to learn more about our programs at Evoke at Miramar.
How to Recover From Addiction
When it comes to recovering from addiction, the most important thing is to seek help and ensure that you are in a safe environment. Here are the most common ways one recovers with professional help:
Inpatient Rehab and Detox
Many people will need inpatient rehabilitation. Inpatient rehabilitation centers can provide around-the-clock care and support for those suffering from addiction. They offer detox programs, therapy sessions, group meetings, and counseling services.
For those who don’t require inpatient treatment, outpatient programs are available. These programs provide similar treatments and services that can be done outside of an inpatient facility. These programs include intensive outpatient programs and partial hospitalization programs.
Therapy and Counseling
It is crucial to seek therapy and counseling during addiction recovery. Therapy can help individuals learn how to cope with the underlying causes of their addiction and how to remain sober. Counseling can also provide needed support during this difficult time. Group therapy, individual therapy, and individual therapy all can be beneficial.
Addiction recovery programs are available that can help individuals learn how to manage their cravings, how to live a healthy lifestyle, how to stay away from triggers, and how to build a strong support system. Some of these programs include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Motivational interviewing
- Contingency management
- Holistic therapies like yoga treatment, music therapy, and more
These are just a few of the steps that can be taken to help in how to recover from addiction. If you or someone you love is suffering from an addiction, seek professional help as soon as possible. Contact us at Evoke Wellness at Miramar for more information about how we can help.
How to Recover from Drug Abuse Tips and Tricks
Professional treatment can be vital in one’s recovery process. However, there are other essential elements to consider in your recovery process.
- Admitting you have a substance use disorder — Being honest with yourself and understanding how drug abuse has affected your life is a crucial step in how to recover from drug abuse
- Change your environment — It can be difficult, but changing places you visit or the people you spend time with can make a huge difference
- Find healthy activities — Find new hobbies, interests, and activities that you can enjoy without the use of drugs or alcohol
- Make healthy lifestyle changes — Eating a nutritious diet and getting regular exercise can help with how to recover from drug abuse
- Develop coping strategies — Learn how to manage stress and develop healthy outlets, such as journaling, exercising, practicing mindfulness, etc., to help stay sober over the long-term
- Build a support system — Having a strong support system of family, friends, and peers can be invaluable
- Reach out for help — Seek professional help from therapists, counselors, doctors, or addiction treatment centers if needed
Although how to recover from drug abuse is not an easy process, it is possible with dedication.
Recovering from Drug Addiction with Evoke at Miramar
At Evoke at Miramar, we are committed to helping individuals learn how to recover from drug addiction. Our professional team of therapists and counselors will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that meets your individual needs. Contact 866.931.9312 to learn more about our programs.