Addiction in all of its forms can be life-altering and scary. Alcohol abuse is no different. There are many ways to consume alcohol. Some people may turn to intravenous (IV) use to get drunk more quickly. But is this safe? This form of alcohol abuse is rare and dangerous, and as with any IV use, it comes with complications.
If you or someone you love is struggling with alcohol abuse, finding an alcohol addiction treatment program is essential. Contact us today to learn more about our programs.
Can Alcohol Be Injected?
Addiction is a dangerous condition. It can be life-threatening and cause severe damage to your health and well-being. One way that people abuse alcohol is through intravenous alcohol use. It’s not recommended, but some people do inject alcohol. Injecting alcohol can cause several health problems, including:
- Infection: When you inject anything into your veins, you risk developing an infection. This is because you’re introducing bacteria or other foreign substances directly into your bloodstream.
- Blood clots: If the needle used to inject alcohol isn’t clean, it could cause a blood clot. Blood clots can be very dangerous and can even be fatal.
- Damage to veins: Repeated IV use can damage your veins and make it difficult to find a vein to inject into in the future. This could lead to serious health complications.
There are also short and long-term effects of alcohol abuse that can negatively impact your health and well-being.
Health Risks of Alcohol Abuse
Abusing alcohol can lead to many health problems, including:
- Liver damage: Alcohol is metabolized in your liver. Over time, this can lead to liver damage and cirrhosis.
- High blood pressure: Alcohol can cause your blood pressure to rise, putting you at risk for strokes and other cardiovascular problems.
- Cancer: Alcohol use has been linked to an increased risk of developing cancer, including cancer of the throat, mouth, and breast.
- Brain damage: Drinking too much alcohol can lead to brain damage and cognitive problems.
Alcohol addiction treatment can provide the support you need to recover from alcohol abuse and live a healthy, sober life. It’s crucial to find the right treatment for you.
Treatment for Alcohol Abuse
Treatment options are available if you or someone you love is struggling with alcohol abuse. Whatever your situation or addiction, it’s possible to heal and recover.
Treatment options for alcohol abuse include:
- Detoxification: The first step in treatment is to rid your body of alcohol. This can be done through a medically-supervised detox program.
- Counseling: Counseling can help you identify the underlying causes of your alcohol abuse and develop tools to cope with triggers and cravings.
- Medication: Several medications can be used to treat alcohol addiction, including naltrexone and acamprosate.
- Support groups: Support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous
Whatever route you choose to recover from alcohol abuse, including alcohol injection, Evoke Wellness at Miramar is here for you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn about our treatment options and speak with someone on our team.
Finding Help for IV Alcohol Abuse at Evoke Wellness at Miramar
IV alcohol abuse is a serious problem that can lead to many health complications. If you or someone you love is struggling with IV alcohol abuse, getting help as soon as possible is crucial. At Evoke Wellness at Miramar, we offer various treatment options for alcohol addiction.
If you or someone you know is abusing alcohol, it’s essential to seek help. There are many alcohol addiction treatment programs available that can help you get your life back on track. Contact us today at 866.931.9312 to learn more about our programs. We’re here to help you every step of the way.