People become addicted to prescription pills when they mentally obsess and physically cannot abstain from using them due to the fear of withdrawal. Some users innocently started using prescription pills prescribed legally for post-surgery or some other illness, and some may have been using them from curiosity.
Either way, when a user becomes dependent on prescription pills, most do not have ways of getting refills legally. The addiction gets to the point where the addict will go to any means of getting high to avoid going through withdrawals. That’s why it is so difficult for those struggling with addiction to quit.
If you or someone you love is addicted to prescription medication, our prescription rehab center in Florida can help.
Receive an instant and fully confidential addiction treatment benefits check
What Is Prescription Pill Detox?
Whether you are addicted to Opioids (Oxycontin, Percocet, etc.), Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Klonopin, and Valium), or both, withdrawal symptoms can be painful and have health issues. This is when detox is needed. Detox or detoxification is the process of the body’s removal of drugs or alcohol. When this occurs, withdrawal symptoms may be uncomfortable for the user or, depending on the severity of the addiction, turn deadly.
When entering a drug detox program, there is no definite answer as to how long you will be there. Detoxing from all drugs and alcohol clears the body of the chemicals and manages the withdrawal symptoms that come with it. As mentioned before, there are many factors to determine your length of stay:
- Which drug was being used
- If a mix of different drugs were being used
- How often you used drugs
- How much of the substance you took
- Presence of underlying co-occurring disorders
- Your medical history
- Your age
- Your gender
At Evoke Wellness at Miramar, our medical detox programs can be 3, 5, or 7 days long but nothing is for certain. Here is a list of different prescription pills, their withdrawal symptoms, and the length it takes to leave your body.
Barbiturates And Sleeping Pills
- First 24 hours – 2 days – Some symptoms like anxiety, insomnia, shaking, or circulation problems may begin within hours.
- 3 – 5 days – Depending on the dose strength and severity of abuse, symptoms may peak after the first few days.
- First week – For some, withdrawal symptoms may be delayed, beginning a week or more after the last dose.
- After the first week – insomnia worsens and may need to be treated
- First 24 hours – 2 days – Irritability, nausea, headache, and muscle pain are early symptoms.
- 3 – 5 days – Depending on the dose strength, peak symptoms may include anxiety, irritability, shaking, restlessness, and palpitations.
- First week – Insomnia
- After the first week – Severe withdrawal may last 10 to 14 days and include some weight loss, difficulty concentrating, and changes in perceptual abilities.
- First 24 hours – 2 days – Withdrawal depends on how fast-acting the opioid is. Withdrawal may begin after a few hours and include muscle pain, anxiety, teary eyes, runny nose, sweating, insomnia, and frequent yawning.
- 3 – 5 days – Peak symptoms include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramping, goosebumps, blurry vision, and rapid heart rate.
- First week – Symptoms taper off, but you may still experience digestive issues, loss of appetite, dehydration, or seizures.
- After the first week – For severe addictions, insomnia, irritability, cravings, sweating, anxiety, and depression may persist for six or more months.
Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment Program
Upon admission to Evoke Wellness at Miramar Detox, each client meets with a highly qualified physician staff to design a unique plan for comfortable detoxification and recovery. As part of a customized rehabilitation plan, the medically qualified physician will prescribe medications needed for our clients to be as safe and as comfortable as possible during the detox phase. We regularly monitor vitals and self-reported symptoms to determine the detox protocol’s effectiveness and mitigate health risks. We always strive to assist our clients in maintaining optimum comfort throughout this detox process.
Evoke Wellness at Miramar: A Premier Medical Detox
At Evoke Wellness at Miramar, we help clients detox from alcohol and drugs under the best possible treatment and surroundings. Our prescription drug addiction treatment center in Florida is in a beautiful, private location over-looking a tranquil lake in Miramar, Florida. Our relaxing surroundings, high-end amenities, delicious and nutritious food, and team of professional practitioners, help clients move through the detox phase quickly, safely and comfortably.
After detox, clients have a wide range of options to transition seamlessly to the next step in their addiction recovery. While the medical detoxification process is not easy, many clients recognize early on that is not nearly as intense, painful, or uncomfortable as anticipated. We help them build foundations needed to maintain long-term sobriety.