Ativan is a brand name for the medication lorazepam, which belongs to a class of drugs called benzodiazepines. Benzodiazepines act on the nervous system to produce a calming effect. They are some of the most commonly prescribed medications in the United States. Ativan helps treat anxiety disorders, acute alcohol withdrawal, and seizures. It is also used off-label for a variety of other conditions, such as insomnia, vertigo, and nausea from chemotherapy. Unfortunately, even though Ativan can help relieve people’s symptoms, it can be highly addictive. An Ativan addiction treatment program can help people break the cycle of substance abuse and find a healthier, happier future.
The Ativan addiction treatment program is one of the cornerstones of the benzo treatment programs at Evoke Wellness Florida. We understand how easily addiction can take over your life or the life of someone you love and how hard it can be to get sober. We also know that recovery is possible. Our South Florida center is the region’s premier medical detox and residential treatment center. Whether you’re struggling to overcome a drug or alcohol addiction, you’ll find hope and help during a time in which it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Get started in a benzo addiction treatment program in South Florida near you today by calling 866.931.9312; our admissions counselors are available 24/7 to help you.
Dangers of Ativan
Ativan is safe and effective when used as directed by a doctor. However, it can be dangerous when abused. When taken in large doses or combined with other nervous system depressants, Ativan can lead to life-threatening breathing problems. It can also cause blackouts, fainting, and coma. Other dangers of Ativan abuse include:
- Dependence – When Ativan is taken for long periods of time, the body becomes used to its presence and may develop a dependence. This can lead to withdrawal symptoms when people try to stop taking the drug.
- Tolerance – Tolerance occurs when people need to take larger and larger doses of Ativan to get the same effect. This can lead to accidental overdoses.
- Addiction – Addiction is a chronic, relapsing disease characterized by compulsive drug-seeking and use despite negative consequences. People who are addicted to Ativan may continue using the drug even when it leads to relationship problems, job loss, financial difficulties, and legal trouble.
If you or someone you love is struggling with an Ativan addiction, it’s important to get help as soon as possible.
Signs of Ativan Addiction
If you’re wondering whether you or a loved one may be struggling with an Ativan addiction, look for signs and symptoms such as:
- Taking Ativan for longer than prescribed or in larger doses than prescribed
- Not being able to sleep without Ativan
- Struggling to cut back on or quit Ativan use
- Using Ativan despite negative consequences, such as job loss, financial problems, or strained relationships
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you try to quit Ativan
If you’re struggling with an Ativan addiction, contact Evoke Wellness Florida today. We can help you get on the road to recovery.
If you're ready to start your journey to recovery, we're here to help.
Finding Ativan Addiction Treatment in Florida
If you’re looking for an Ativan addiction treatment program in Florida, look no further than Evoke Wellness. We offer a comprehensive approach to recovery that includes detox, residential treatment, and an alumni program. Our goal is to help you achieve long-term sobriety and a better quality of life.
During Ativan detox, you’ll receive 24/7 medical care and supervision. Our team of doctors, nurses, and therapists will work to help you safely and comfortably withdraw from Ativan. We can also provide medication to help manage withdrawal symptoms. After you complete detox, you’ll transition to our residential treatment program.
In our residential treatment program, you’ll participate in individual and group therapy sessions. These therapies can help you learn new skills and ways of coping with stress and triggers. After you complete residential treatment, you’ll be ready to begin the next phase of your recovery journey in our alumni program.
Ativan Rehab Center in Florida at Evoke Wellness
Starting the journey to recovery isn’t easy, but we’re here to help. When you start an Ativan addiction treatment program, you’ll have the support of a team that cares about your progress and well-being. With detox and residential rehab support, you can learn the skills you need to succeed in sobriety. Recovery is possible; it’s easier with help.
Call 866.931.9312 today to speak with one of our admissions counselors. We are available 24/7, so you can get the help you need when you need it.